This Saturday, WOD/BBQ. Celebrate the Nutrition Challenge.
Here’s a review from a recent challenge from Coach Mike Rutherford of Bootcamp Fitness:
We recently concluded one of the more enlightening ‘clean eating’ campaigns in the last 11 years of group training practice. What started out as a discussion amongst the coaches turned into a gym wide project with over 55 participants. I learned a bunch about myself and I learned (confessionals) and observed a number of different things from those who participated and those who did not over the last 30 days. I wanted to share them with you today in hopes that you will become more aware and possibility help others become more aware as well. If you are uncomfortable with any of this then that’s a good thing too.
1. 30 days is more about the 6″ between your ears than the 30 days on the calendar. How soft we have become.
2. Alcohol continues to derail more body transformation than any other single practice.
3. I was using coffee as a vehicle for heavy cream. I’ll drink less coffee as a result and far less heavy cream.
4. When you seriously curtail your alcohol drinking your dream state returns and you sleep deeper. Don’t you think your brain is telling you something?
5. Even little changes add up to serious changes in fat loss.
6. Even a little sugar can be significant enough to trigger inflammation. In other words subbing a baby snickers for a regular snickers won’t cut it.
7. Reading is more fun when you run on 100% clean fuel. Treat yourself to a new book. I finished THE ART OF FIELDING in 30 days.
8. Olive Oil IS a good snack.
9. There is sugar in almost EVERYTHING pre packaged.
10. People will be snide and sometimes hateful about your eating. Eat healthy anyway. It really grinds them.
11. I now prefer a massive (1/2 pound at least) grilled ground sirloin to steak. Grass fed naturally!
12. Creamy avocado dressing is good on everything.
13. Use avocados on everything. It’s green butter
14. When they take your butter use EVOO.
15. Medium chain triglycerides (MCT) are good in your start up coffee.
16. Movie snacks are lame. Smuggle in your pistachios.
17. You can attend a birthday dinner party or a high school reunion and not drink.
18. …or a July 4th gathering.
19. One drink will really be enough because two is slippery and three means your gone.
20. It makes me feel bad when you tell me XXXXX is sabotaging your health efforts. Be an adult and acknowledge that things are toxic with that person (thing?).
21. If your every social experience involves drinking then you have a distorted social life.
22. If you clean up your diet your hormone profile will likely improve.
23. The chocolate fountain advertisement on television is repulsive but I’ll rank chocolate as something I can’t moderate.
24. Jimmy Johns has the fastest Paleo to go meal (Unwich) on the planet.
25. Appropriate protein intake will deliver undeniable transformation results.
26. I still can’t burpee better following the Whole30 but I ran 12 miles.
27. My body fat is lower today than 1982 & my strength is at least 95% but I’m slow.
28. Coconut oil is cooking magic and might help reverse dementia. Buy your parents a tub and tell them to cook EVERYTHING in it.
29. I still don’t know what’s in GSB rub but I use it all the time.
30. Some people can moderate but others simply must abstain. Part of the secret to success is recognizing which you are in different situations.
WOD: 2 minute max rep HSPU
Rest 2 minutes then,
Max rep Pull ups
Banded Partner Sprint
Work with a partner. You rest while your partner kicks ass. Record total
pull up reps.