Nutrition: A K.I.S.S approach (Keep It Super Simple )
Technology and social media seem to be speeding up the world, but this “mass connectivity” often causes considerable confusion as we are served more and more cheap information with less and less context. All from so-called “experts.”
Nutrition falls squarely into this category of confusion. Macros this, calories that, detox piss, juice cleanse fat, keto now, fasting later: what in the world are you supposed to do to get healthy, lean out, and have energy? If you just read internet articles (ironic, I know), you will be met with thousands of complex answers. DON’T FALL VICTIM TO COMPLEXITY FOR COMPLEXITY’S SAKE.
Nutrition must start SIMPLE!
You need to meet yourself where YOU are, today. Consider these simple fixes first and foremost before anything else:
- Are you chewing each bite of food 32 times? It may sound ridiculous, but this will allow your body to absorb more of your food’s nutrients.
- Are you eating vegetables multiple times per day?
- Are you eating 10 varieties of vegetables throughout the week?
- Are you drinking ½ of your bodyweight, in ounces, of clean, clear water each day (as a minimum)?
- Are you consuming a consistent, quality amount of biologically available protein?
- Are you mixing up your foods so that you don’t eat exactly the same thing each day?
If you are missing one of these things, put that in place today and your health will move in an improving direction. Once you’ve got that dialed in, add another from the list. Nutrition isn’t a “figure out the fastest option” game. It’s a game of consistency, cleanliness, quality and above all – simplicity.
Take a few moments and ask yourself, “Where am I, today?” We are confident that a few simple tweaks will benefit you and make a large difference in the medium and long-term journey towards improved health and fitness.
And, if you’re still in doubt, remember these practices have a zero risk of negative side effects.
Try them out, you only risk improvement!