The 15 Laws of Smart Training
Proper training with specific progressions will allow you to develop into the best version of you. When steps are skipped, omitted, discounted, dishonored or unknown your development will suffer. You will not reach the best version of you.
The 15 Laws of Smart Training*
- Train Frequently, all year round
- Start gradually and train gently
- Train first for volume, only later for speed
- Don’t set your daily training schedule in stone
- Alternate hard and easy training
- At first, try to achieve as much as possible on a minimum of training
- Don’t race when training
- Specialize for optimum performance
- Incorporate base building and peaking
- Don’t over train
- Have a coach
- Train your mind
- Rest before a competition
- Keep a detailed logbook
- Understand the Holism of training
These laws apply to all sports and types of physical development. Including running, weightlifting, body building, swimming, CrossFit, and general health and well-being; we must honor the principles to elicit the best results for your journey.
Do you honor these principles in your fitness and health journey? Does your coach? Do you have a coach?
Our professional coaches at High Definition Fitness OPEX Victor Valley honor these principles and many more to help you become the best version of you.
*Ref- Step 5: Lore of Running; 274-275, Tim Noakes, MD